As you are aware, novel coronavirus (COVID-19) has arrived in the Pacific Northwest. We value the health and well-being of every employee and their families and we want to make sure our workplace is as safe as possible. We have an employee working at the Seattle Arena field office whose family member has a corona virus, but has not tested positive for COVID-19. That employee is at home, as a measure of caution.
Cochran’s offices and projects will remain open. We will update you regularly as the situation evolves. The Centers for Disease Control (“CDC”) has published the following information, which we recommend for all staff:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19
• Facemasks should ONLY be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.
• If you are in a high risk group (over 60, or with underlying health conditions), refer to the CDC recommendations.
These are everyday habits that we can all do to help prevent the spread of not only COVID-19, but several other viruses as well. The CDC suggests keeping yourself informed as new information is released; Cochran will do the same.
The below links provide additional information regarding the coronavirus:
World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/
Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/
If you have questions, talk to your supervisor or HR. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updated information regularly. We will send emails to employees with Cochraninc addresses. We will also provide updates on this website at https://www.cochraninc.com/news. Supervisors, please share this information with all your employees.→ Back to News