Smart Buildings: Integrated Building Automation
From Analog to IT
The newest generation of Building Control Systems are far different from their pneumatic predecessors. What were once mechanical pieces of equipment, like thermometers and valves, installed by the same individuals that would install the entire mechanical system, are now electronic devices with built-in IT intelligence. State-of-the-art Building Control Systems are essentially communications platforms requiring electrical and low voltage engineering combined with technology programming to make the systems work properly. Cochran’s expertise in IP based Interoperable Building Controls can help you:
- Reduce total new-construction system costs;
- Streamline existing building systems management and monitoring;
- Easily sustain reduced energy usage;
- Incorporate new energy technologies;
- Reduce operations and maintenance expenditures;
- Flexibly incorporate demand response programs;
- Increase tenant comfort and productivity; and
- Improve reporting via automation of tasks.
Comprehensive Solutions from One Contractor
Cochran, as an Electrical and Technologies contractor, is uniquely positioned to support the entire gamut of building controls, creating efficiencies in the design of the systems with both electrical and mechanical engineers on staff, reducing sub-tier markups associated with this specialized work, and creating less complex, centralized controls for the entire facility rather than the piece meal building controls that are currently designed by separate contractors.